DIARY AND COFFEE11:43:00 PM
Because a blogger isn't really a blogger if he/she's never created a post out of photos taken at a coffee shop right? *wink* for the record, the Piccolo was pretty good.
I actually wore something else for hanging out with my family earlier today. But then F and I felt like getting coffee so we dropped my parents off at home and I quickly slipped into something more comfortable, i.e. over-worn, somewhat shrunk knit sweater, and other black ensembles. So obviously this isn't must of a fashion entry, but here's some updates on where we are with the wedding planning:
1. We officially signed up on a pre-marital class and had our first session. Subsequent eleven sessions yet to be scheduled, but we're working on the documents that need to be submitted and are really excited.
2. We secured the vendor for the wedding cake. We actually encountered this particular cakery at our first ever visit to a wedding exhibition, which was well months ago. We didn't make the deal back then because it felt premature so we took time exploring other options, but yesterday we just knew it's time to go for it. Now I'll be frequently Pinterest-ing cake ideas.....
3. We've talked to a few make up artists and are in absolute shock about the prices they charge for wedding. I mean they can offer their service at X price for engagement day, but it's X times ten for the wedding day! (If you follow me on Snapchat you would've already heard this rant from last night). I know make up can do wonders, but I fail to make sense of paying such large sum of money just to get powder on the right spots of my face.. even if it's the most important day of my life. I'd honestly be happy with wearing my everyday make-up (which means eyeliner, eyebrow pencil, natural lipstick and a hint of blush) for my wedding day but I'm not sure yet how it would play out. Anyone thinks that would be a good idea?
4. Wedding ring is a done deal. This pair of rings was also one of those felt-right-at-first-sight items. When we finally decided to get them today it felt rewarding. Funny thing about this pair of rings is that they seemed to always present themselves to us in their best condition and on the perfect timings. So yeah, one more item crossed off the checklist!
5. F and I have shaken hands (literally, cuz we're goofy like that) on what vendor to engage for decoration and documentation. We had very good pitches from all potential vendors, but when it comes to deciding these things, your instinct plays a big role. So we will be inviting each vendor to another meeting sometime soon and tell them they're the chosen ones.
Wedding planning has been rather fun and pleasing especially when you just crossed off something from the big checklist. It can be a challenge because we have to squeeze wedding planning stuffs into our tight work schedule and also juggle that with our house renovation plan. F has been really great at staying on top of all these, while I've sometimes fallen behind on a couple of items here and there but I try to catch up as much as necessary. I'll check in again soon, but we would appreciate any tips or ideas you would share in the comment page! Ta-ta for now.