Been a while since I last blogged.. So unless you follow my other social accounts, you are missing out on my bridezilla and house-renovation-zilla moments! It's 8 weeks to the big day now. Below I share some of the most important updates:
1. Wedding favour is finalised and ready for mass production. The dummy was impressively cute and I can't wait for our guests to enjoy them. Invitation is a little bit more challenging because my parents and I have very different styles and expectation so both sides have to settle on meeting in the middle. It's close to finalisation and hopefully will be ready for mass production soon!
2. My dress fitting went super. *big smile* I knew I chose the right designer from the very start. The dummy did not completely reflect what the dress would eventually look like because he used a different fabric for dummy purposes, but the volume that he created was majorly gushable. Next fitting will be with the fabric that he will actually use for the end-product, which both I and F think is going to be a-mah-zing. I can feel my heart thumping right now. My man's fitting also went great. He looks so good in a suit you're gonna cry.
3. Pre-wedding photo session, sangjit (a Chinese engagement event), mother's and sisters' dresses, and cake design are the major things on the top of my head now that we have not yet touched to date, and don't get me started on the trivial things to do. So much to do, so little time!
4. The house renovation started two weeks ago and it's looking good. The construction guys are still tearing things apart here and there, but I feel like it's going towards the exact direction we want the house to be, so all is well. We hope to move in the night after our wedding, so every day is crunch time!
5. We now spend our weekends shopping for furniture and homeware. We are almost finished with the master bathroom now, still a lot more to go!
6. We initially arranged our honeymoon to start the day after our wedding and to last until the middle of the following week. But it turns out that our office is having an unmissable outing the weekend after our wedding, so we had to either choose between our honeymoon and the office outing or to reschedule the honeymoon altogether. Believe it or not, we decided on the latter. So honeymoon is not going to be until the third week of October.
From now on, there will be no more slacking off because we are going to be busy every weekend (we better be). But everyone says that when it's all said and done, we are going to miss these crazy moments. Well, maybe. I kind of already feel like despite the stress and exhaustion, running errands and brainstorming and making decisions with F are so much fun.
We made much progress lately on the wedding and the house renovation plans, and hopefully there will be much more as the big day approaches! Accordingly, my outfits for the next few weeks will predominantly be comfortable pants and anything but stilettos. This girl's gotta run!
OH I've gone non-stop about myself, how self-centered! How have you guys been?